The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Even more story ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just start to post my point of view as well. SOE's world is old story.
I agree with QuiDormit when he writes 'The story NEEDS to be closed' .

So, don't forget how SOE destroyed (literally) the story\background of Monolith (~when SOE acquired the game).
Some characters were developed, example Veil -- so she rules, she has a very strong and old background).
Other characters (new ones) don't make anything expect return when they die.

It's the time to move on. I coded what I coded to give you the possibility to be free, to have a way of joy, ORIGINALITY.
SOE time is done around Matrix, Wacho.'s as well. Because of these reasons and discussing for long time with QuiDormit, we agreed to give priority to new users.
In general who has good ideas to refresh this universe.

Surely we cannot think to count always on the same old people, monoliths at all.
Example: MindSweepX -- just to make an example, I could cite others.
Actually these people can be involved about other things, or they leave Matrix because of a bad-taste in mouth caused by the closing (..).

Exactly, now you get the point. It doesn't help to brood over old facts.
To have fun, you would have to start to break up with old stereotypes.

Think about Official Characters for example.
Lots of people already think about them -- fantastic -- will we continue for having a ghost-Oracle? (She should be dead following Rarebit's plan).
Or, finally, we(YOU) will want a new ordered based on a more articulated piramid of new characters?

So, I take the opportunity to repeat, again: try exploit any possibility offered by the new server, please.
It won't be perfect or hyperstable, but it's a beginning. (It's not an obbligation, really, but it should be the best approach in my opinion).
Ya know you have a excellent point there Arcady and I thank you for explaining it the way you did because we won't be able to always count on all "vet players" like myself from the good old days when it comes to the background story etc.. Lets start new eh? Big Grin

As you said "giving priority to new users would be a better approach to try to exploit any possibility offered by the new server."

Now that I think about it more this approach would bring less arguments as to how the storyline should start since it will be a brand new start in the afterlife of MXO.

Ok, I'm going to throw in the towel and wave the white flag on this one. From this point forward I'm now convinced this would be the best thing we can do for the community going forward and I will put my focus on whatever new story develops from new users and I hope others will feel the same way I do so we can get past this road block and move on and if they don't like what we have planned they always have the option not to play on your new server plain and simple.

If this is how it's going to be may I suggest Arcady or Quidormit posting in the new Forum's soon about the new storyline rules so it's very clear to everyone when they register and when the server goes live what we intend to do before too much confusion and argument takes place over a storyline?

Good times are ahead because the Oracle told me so, lol.
Anyway, Rarebit got back to me and said:

Quote:

"Sounds interesting! As far as story, basically I wouldn't worry too much about trying to link in exactly where the old storyline was going. In any case if you take it from the theoretical end of my storyline, which was kind of a reboot of sorts for the simulation itself--not literally, but in terms of how it was going to be used--it seems to me like at that point it's fairly open to bringing in your own new story elements to continue forward.

Or you could always just let the players sort it out for themselves like they always wanted to do. Big Grin "
End quote:

Well there we have it. lol We should start off new! Tongue
@Mixer242 -- About regulation and such, QuiDormit and me are working during our free time to finish it.
As QuiDormit always wrote, we would have to test server first -- massively speaking -- after it, we can consider the idea to start RPing.
Surely this is a good point: we aren't lose time discussing about storyline, but about a serious plan to start with it.

'Stability' can come only if we start from the same point of view.

Also, about your Rarebit's message, he repeated (more professionally) my concepts.
1) don't worry about where the old storyline was going
2) (..) your own new story elements
3) ~independence (..) like they always wanted to do

Regulations are formalities to write what we already know: respect, want to do, seriousness.
Above those, a few of rules will be added only.

Think to have fun.
Again, I take the opportunity to thank you to your support.
I don't even have words.

I'm just going to leave it where I left it -- not yet, hold tight.
Before these forums were converted to the forums we have today, I posted a list of "demands" that consisted of little things Ghost's RSI matching the one from the movies (since they changed it due to the actor opting out or something) and a few other things. One was probably the Morpheus coat, but I can't really remember now. But I'd like to have a say in little things like Ghost's RSI and other things that come up. If I end up hosting a server, I'll do stuff like that.
(13-01-2011, 09:06 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: [ -> ]Before these forums were converted to the forums we have today, I posted a list of "demands" that consisted of little things Ghost's RSI matching the one from the movies (since they changed it due to the actor opting out or something) and a few other things. One was probably the Morpheus coat, but I can't really remember now. But I'd like to have a say in little things like Ghost's RSI and other things that come up. If I end up hosting a server, I'll do stuff like that.

The Ghost RSI thing is easy. There are three models. One with a black suit, one with a white suit, and that goofy Ghost with the wrong face and no fu man chu.

As for Morpheus Coat, there's no way to just give it to a character. I mean, with some light hacks a la the guide by Bayamos, maybe, but the coat is specifically made to fit his model, and probably won't look right on any other model. This happened with the Seraph coat when Bay released the patch.
(13-01-2011, 10:11 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2011, 09:06 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: [ -> ]Before these forums were converted to the forums we have today, I posted a list of "demands" that consisted of little things Ghost's RSI matching the one from the movies (since they changed it due to the actor opting out or something) and a few other things. One was probably the Morpheus coat, but I can't really remember now. But I'd like to have a say in little things like Ghost's RSI and other things that come up. If I end up hosting a server, I'll do stuff like that.

The Ghost RSI thing is easy. There are three models. One with a black suit, one with a white suit, and that goofy Ghost with the wrong face and no fu man chu.

As for Morpheus Coat, there's no way to just give it to a character. I mean, with some light hacks a la the guide by Bayamos, maybe, but the coat is specifically made to fit his model, and probably won't look right on any other model. This happened with the Seraph coat when Bay released the patch.

I never seen the Seraph coat model. But I assume there is a way to make clothes to put in the game. That is something that I'd like to learn.
OK... now....

last reply on this thread coming from me (professionalwriter/ mediumroleplayer/mxomoviemaker for fun).

I do not know everything, but of everything enough to know since i have experience in the above sectors.

As to a new storyline and a new start h*** yeah!
But.. it would be stupid to exclude ending of storyline.

So...
safest way is too start with what happend in the real between soe's ending and our new beginning.
At least.. and for reference check tastee wheats mxo live forum on the roleplay thread Initial research to get an idea of what im talking about.

And yes folks, allthough some do not like it, there is an actual real to the matrix (but shoot the villain of the weekidea pls) in the roleplay, alltho theres no actual real to visually goto in the game.. (wich is just a minor issue) and could even made possible by some sort of contruct but that to the side.
But if you then .. cant roleplay or have no fantasycapable mind.. to somewhat "real content" for roleplay then dont bother "jacking in" the simulation wich we call the matrix.

As you can see im a tiny little sarcastic, cause i read some disturbing ideas ignoring the fact that it has to be possible in... not the story.. but main concept ..wich made the matrix possible... based on certain rules and beliefs.

For example.. how can you ever start without the oracle, if it is part.. if not one of the oldest.. parts of the matrix concept. In every version of the matrix since version one.
I dont care makin a new oracle char what ever but i think those just cant be wiped from the matrix story just like that.

Same as.... if it were not for certain chars, including the oracle that make the matrix's Identification, would be stupid to delete them all together, like it didnt exist.

However how those roles will be played is more my corncern, i dont care by whom, as long as they play it good, trustworthy, and true to their word when it comes to shut up about the storyline.

If they dont then they are not good roleplayers to begin with.

Interviews? of course.. yes.. for a volunteer thing wich use to be a payed job hello. Even an audition would be good. let wannabees know that this is not a simple "i can do, or play" thingy, it just isnt like that.
for instance what if you roleplay and do not agree with the storyline path or what ever, you still have to be convincing in your role as "whomever"
You are the character, you do not play it.. lemme repeat it,
you are... the character.... you dont play the character.. is what makes a role convincing.

Not to rant or troll, Anyway...
Ignoring the fact how long some one played before, i dont stand on a rock just because i played mxo for 4 years, or xp or playtime within the matrix, and if i liked the storylines path, i stand on the foundation of LOVING the concept, LOVE the roleplay, Love the action based on matrix rules, bend or broken lol, Love writing also.
i know... carebear loving cliche, but it is true, right?
Who didnt love at least one of the above?

So.... im sorry again, and i do mean this for the better, for being a little in your face pessimistic, or sarcastic, but some do need a realitycheck if it comes to possible ideas, within possible matrixbounderies, otherwise forget about calling it the matrix.

now you think.. yeah well.. give us an idea yourself..
ok...

1: start with the story explaining the time in between shutdown and new beginning (end remember every beginning has an end).

2: think of building it up, like "Glitched" matrix, (only capable of jacking in unstable, chatting and no further decribing first sever releases in a roleplay form).

3 fully restarted good version again matrix decribing on going war or that kinda stuff.

4 Org related, blend in mission, forum inforelated, but also, more interactive Live events, (and pls for once think about diff time frames as there are also europeans/australians running around, not only americans.)

5 random unexpected small events / drop ins... by a LETmember.

6 keep teams small, and for some extend, like writing the sentinel one person and always an editor or two writers one editor.

7 last but not least i think we all agree, everybody wants to have fun, and if somehow things are done, like giving folks their job in this roleplay LET thing what ever, do it fair, and if there are selections, and selections of people have been made, but still needs to be reduced, and its hard to choose, then setup some sort of public voting system for all of the community, after those people showed some of their work or capabillities of that they want to do.

i recommend everyone to see the revisited movies or to see them again,
somehow that feels right to say...

cheers

@TXR -- Are you speaking about my last post? ..

At all, I think you misunderstand my post competly. I know films.
We can clarify all this in our forum (QuiDormit and mine), if you wish.

Honestly A) I don't care about what Tastee makes, we(ME) don't depend by him or his (good) topics
B) you can't compare our work with his own, I've different ideas at all
C) I didn't say to delete anything about storyline, I just SUGGESTED 'try to think about new contents' BECAUSE you can, now.

In any other forum you must always follow 1 static fucked idea : start from where SOE left. Is it written on stone?

Very good, visit Tastee's forum again and say me if there're results since months.
No. Why? ONLY Rarebit can continue what he did. His genius is HIS own. I think highly and respect of his work.

So, what\where is the problem if we TRY to think about a new POSSIBLE storyline?

You have to risk, damn. There's always time to delete things, the problem is to add them.
If you don't like the 'new' possible storyline (IF EVEN), we can always return to follow the previous one.
Mine aren't obbligations, just suggestions. I ALWAYS TRIED to incite you to develop your own material.

Hope to have been clear, this time.
Lemme know please, if you wish.

You will always be hyper-welcome.
(19-01-2011, 07:13 AM)TRX Wrote: [ -> ]OK... now....

last reply on this thread coming from me (professionalwriter/ mediumroleplayer/mxomoviemaker for fun).

I do not know everything, but of everything enough to know since i have experience in the above sectors.

As to a new storyline and a new start h*** yeah!
But.. it would be stupid to exclude ending of storyline.

So...
safest way is too start with what happend in the real between soe's ending and our new beginning.
At least.. and for reference check tastee wheats mxo live forum on the roleplay thread Initial research to get an idea of what im talking about.

And yes folks, allthough some do not like it, there is an actual real to the matrix (but shoot the villain of the weekidea pls) in the roleplay, alltho theres no actual real to visually goto in the game.. (wich is just a minor issue) and could even made possible by some sort of contruct but that to the side.
But if you then .. cant roleplay or have no fantasycapable mind.. to somewhat "real content" for roleplay then dont bother "jacking in" the simulation wich we call the matrix.

As you can see im a tiny little sarcastic, cause i read some disturbing ideas ignoring the fact that it has to be possible in... not the story.. but main concept ..wich made the matrix possible... based on certain rules and beliefs.

For example.. how can you ever start without the oracle, if it is part.. if not one of the oldest.. parts of the matrix concept. In every version of the matrix since version one.
I dont care makin a new oracle char what ever but i think those just cant be wiped from the matrix story just like that.

Same as.... if it were not for certain chars, including the oracle that make the matrix's Identification, would be stupid to delete them all together, like it didnt exist.

However how those roles will be played is more my corncern, i dont care by whom, as long as they play it good, trustworthy, and true to their word when it comes to shut up about the storyline.

If they dont then they are not good roleplayers to begin with.

Interviews? of course.. yes.. for a volunteer thing wich use to be a payed job hello. Even an audition would be good. let wannabees know that this is not a simple "i can do, or play" thingy, it just isnt like that.
for instance what if you roleplay and do not agree with the storyline path or what ever, you still have to be convincing in your role as "whomever"
You are the character, you do not play it.. lemme repeat it,
you are... the character.... you dont play the character.. is what makes a role convincing.

Not to rant or troll, Anyway...
Ignoring the fact how long some one played before, i dont stand on a rock just because i played mxo for 4 years, or xp or playtime within the matrix, and if i liked the storylines path, i stand on the foundation of LOVING the concept, LOVE the roleplay, Love the action based on matrix rules, bend or broken lol, Love writing also.
i know... carebear loving cliche, but it is true, right?
Who didnt love at least one of the above?

So.... im sorry again, and i do mean this for the better, for being a little in your face pessimistic, or sarcastic, but some do need a realitycheck if it comes to possible ideas, within possible matrixbounderies, otherwise forget about calling it the matrix.

now you think.. yeah well.. give us an idea yourself..
ok...

1: start with the story explaining the time in between shutdown and new beginning (end remember every beginning has an end).

2: think of building it up, like "Glitched" matrix, (only capable of jacking in unstable, chatting and no further decribing first sever releases in a roleplay form).

3 fully restarted good version again matrix decribing on going war or that kinda stuff.

4 Org related, blend in mission, forum inforelated, but also, more interactive Live events, (and pls for once think about diff time frames as there are also europeans/australians running around, not only americans.)

5 random unexpected small events / drop ins... by a LETmember.

6 keep teams small, and for some extend, like writing the sentinel one person and always an editor or two writers one editor.

7 last but not least i think we all agree, everybody wants to have fun, and if somehow things are done, like giving folks their job in this roleplay LET thing what ever, do it fair, and if there are selections, and selections of people have been made, but still needs to be reduced, and its hard to choose, then setup some sort of public voting system for all of the community, after those people showed some of their work or capabillities of that they want to do.

i recommend everyone to see the revisited movies or to see them again,
somehow that feels right to say...

cheers

Do realise that this simulator is here to propel RP and is NOT.. repeat N O T the official Emulator to bring back the true story of MxO.

So that makes your post irrelevant.
Not saying that your opinion does not matter, i am saying your post regarding this simulator is not on point.

This is not about the real MxO storyline so with that said there is room for new fresh idea's and content regarding this simulator.

Hope you understand what i am saying here and that you can see the difference between this simulator and the 'official' emulators:
This simulator is just about the people to have something to do ingame and can RP a bit amongst each other while they wait for the 'official'emulators to compleet. So yes that means there is room for stories inside this simulator that is never been told and have plenty of new idea's with it to.

So it depends on votes if they want a oracle or not, and if they do cool and if they dont cool to. This is a simulator and not the actual emulator and it never was intented to be anything official or new emulator like Qui and Arcady have said a couple of times over. So free your mind there and come up with a good idea or storyline for this simulator without having the feeling you are stepping on 'rules' that go's beyond the matrix, because this has nothing to do with the actual storylines. This is about the people to have something to do ingame while the wait is on. And thats all they ask.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5