The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: I got an email of SOE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets get one thing straight....The emulation project(s) should never stop.

And with that said, i can agree with Angelis and his attempts at simply "renting" the right to run a functioning live MXO server with all the bells and whistles.

The truth is that we are not many by far, and so a single server model will be more than enough until our numbers grow.

If we really do have some sort of legal representation within the U.S. we have a much better chance at getting a response at the very least.
(05-04-2010, 07:23 PM)Rusher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still trying to contact someone with the rights of MXO.
I thought the rights owner is SOE. But it isnt.

Thats the mail i got back:

Hey Rusher,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. The issue with MXO is the Sony Online Entertainment does not own the rights tot eh game. Warner Brothers owns the game. So I am sorry to tell you SOE will not be able to assist you. I am also sorry to tell you that I do not have a contact for Warner Bros either.

Please let me know if I can assist you in any other way.

Regards,

Gordon Dapkus
International Community Relations Manager
Sony Online Entertainment LLC

So, i will try to contact Warner Bros. if i can find the right contact. I want to tell them all my ideas to reactivate MXO officially.
If there is someone else, who can help me searching the right contact with Warner Bros. please write a pm to me.

Rusher

First of all, good job in your efforts. Second of all. If Warner Brothers got the rights:

That means you need Money to claim these rights.
Warner Brothers is a movie business and thats all there is to it.

I have made attempt contacting Monolith from my part. Since they are the original creators from MxO. And they might still have that Monolith Tool that made MxO work in al area's. And still some love left for the game so they can understand where we are coming from if you know what i mean.
I am still waithing for a reply. Lets see what happends.
Will let you guys now if there is any news.

again, some people (will keep whoas secret) told us that wont help but that "best wishes".

that's all we could achieve.

on the other hand, tools would be welcome.
Sorry,

I wasn't implying that the emulator project should be stopped (No way would I want that!), I was only speculating how MXO could have been made free to play.

It doesn't really matter because the impression that you get from reading this thread is that even though we might (by whatever means) get the money together, there is little chance of licencing the IP from warners and no chance of obtaining the source from SOE.

Imagine how much egg there would be on SOE's face if mxo was made into a success after they let it go.

;-)
(12-11-2010, 04:55 PM)PhoenixDfire Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine how much egg there would be on SOE's face if mxo was made into a success after they let it go.

;-)

Well it's a shame but it was their decision to let it go...But I get your point, ego's run big
Pages: 1 2 3