The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Worlds refuse to render all the way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, thanks to the (re)creators for all the hard work

So I DL'd the files from the links on the main page, followed all instructions and was able to successfully log on with a character, but for some reason the worlds never render all the way (running fast comp with xp sp3, dual core, 2gig ram, etc). It just renders buildings and nothing else, meaning no sky, no ground, no RSI's, no hardlines, etc. See image below.

All the UI graphics render (chat, map, options panel, etc), but none of the settings fix the issue. I don't know if a tweak in the useropts or any other system files would fix the issue. Logging in and out does not help either. I tried installing on an even faster computer running W7, same exact problem exists, buildings render, nothing else. Any ideas? A patch I'm missing maybe? Wasn't sure where to post this, sorry if it's the wrong forum.

[Image: mxonorender.jpg]
when i would teleport around or use hardline sometime i didint land as expected and i would get this problem i just tap the SPACE bar and land n run around a bit b4 it detects district im in :/
Thanks for the help. Someone in game mentioned the space bar thing and it did nothing, that was/is not the issue. The character is in fact at ground level as confirmed by the z index of the map coordinates, it's just hard to tell from the screenshot due to both the ground and the character not rendering. I can use hardlines and move all around all four districts, although it's difficult as I constantly get stuck against invisible cars, benches, stairs, fences, etc.

The fact that this problem is identical on two completely different computers tells me it's not my computers, and for good measure I have uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher several times (to no avail). Short of the mxo zipfile being somehow corrupt or a code issue in the launcher, I'm clueless.
redownload matrixonline.7z and re-extract it, then apply the launcher to the new folder, see if this persists
Ok, trying now.

Deleted all, re-DL'd and reinstalled all, no change, same result. Buildings render, everything else doesn't.

Also FYI:

When you first start the MxoEmu Test Server Launcher, it will ask you to find the directory in which you have The Matrix Online installed

...when I get to this part of the process, it doesn't specifically designate that it's looking for the Matrix Online directory or even allow me to navigate to it (nothing in dropdowns, no way to browse, icon doubleclick has no effect). I get the window in the below screenshot, and after manually typing in the path to the directory (at the red arrow), the launcher updates as expected, so I assumed the process was successful and that's what was meant to be done (?).

[Image: finddirectory.jpg]
you can open MxoEmuTestLaunch.config file (its in the same folder as MxoEmuTestLaunch.exe, the dir where you installed the launcher) and see if your mxo path is correct
it would complain if it was not
(and you should be just able to browse to the mxo dir using that dialog, can you not click on stuff or something ?)
I'm actually having the same exact problem, on two computers. Both windows 7 64 bit, I can put other specs if needed. But if I use the launcher with the new rendering stuff added, this problem happens. If I use MxO without the new rendering option, it works fine.

So if you want a quick fix Evey, check out: http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-903.html

But I could use some help, I'd like to be able to incorporate the new renderer. It seems to awesome to pass up.
(16-01-2012, 01:40 PM)SadPanda91 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually having the same exact problem, on two computers. Both windows 7 64 bit, I can put other specs if needed. But if I use the launcher with the new rendering stuff added, this problem happens. If I use MxO without the new rendering option, it works fine.

So if you want a quick fix Evey, check out: http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-903.html

But I could use some help, I'd like to be able to incorporate the new renderer. It seems to awesome to pass up.

Thanks, dropped the rd3d_disable.txt in there and like magic everything now works. I'm guessing the renderer needs some work. Thanks again all.
guys with stuff missing, there's gotta be something common with the computers that don't work
windows 7 is not the problem, that's the whole reason i made this thing
post graphics card models and driver versions, post rd3drender.log file contents on pastebin.com then link it here, etc etc
i am not psychic or wanna hack into your computers with magic of hack to see what the problem is
btw, what happens during the day ? the buildings use their own VS during the night so thats probably why they're showing up

if you dont have a rd3drender.log file, does running this and letting it update directx fix your problem ? http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
if so, that's odd, i thought i included all the necessary dlls
please do try and post the log file before trying that though
Same problem. No rd3drender.log file - now trying the DirectX web installer.

HD5850, Cat 12.1 Preview.

Edit: New or equivalent version already installed apparently.
Pages: 1 2