The Matrix Online Server Emulator
moving character - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: moving character (/showthread.php?tid=1114)

moving character - infectiousgroove - 16-12-2012

have spent a bit of time in the emmulator later which is awseome by the way but i noticed something the other day which suprised me i decided to go onto the bridge above mara c and when i got there a npc not an enemy though was walking down the bridge maybe its been left there from the original code i dont know could you not map its movements and incorperate that into making an npc i have no idea just thought i would share my thoughts keep up the good work i'm loving being in mxo again

RE: moving character - QuiDormit - 16-12-2012

NPC's that walk around the city are client-side, not server side.

This means that the program you run on your computer handles spawning random NPC's. Nothing too exciting, sorry. They just walk the programmed paths they were given.

RE: moving character - Sixxth - 16-12-2012

(16-12-2012, 04:41 PM)infectiousgroove Wrote: have spent a bit of time in the emmulator later which is awseome by the way but i noticed something the other day which suprised me i decided to go onto the bridge above mara c and when i got there a npc not an enemy though was walking down the bridge maybe its been left there from the original code i dont know could you not map its movements and incorperate that into making an npc i have no idea just thought i would share my thoughts keep up the good work i'm loving being in mxo again

[Image: Punctuation-Marks.bmp]

RE: moving character - rajkosto - 17-12-2012

the real server did take some NPCs (blackwoods etc) and make them walk a ped's path (usually with a weird /mood set) for the lulz i guess

RE: moving character - QuiDormit - 19-12-2012

Yeah, but they didn't go very far, just in their general area.