The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Matrix Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Matrix Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=578)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Matrix Discussion - Cycles - 09-11-2010

(09-11-2010, 06:53 PM)Phrack Wrote: Long story short, we're it, guys and gals. We've all been forsaken by the one thing we all love, and if it has any future at all, it'll be through us... the fans. We're the ones who are going to keep buggering on, and reminding the world of something it would probably prefer to forget. What was it Morpheus said? "We are still here"?

Very well said all in all. That is where the heart of MxO lies al allong in itself. In the heart of the fans. And yes as long as We Are Still Here. May it be in our minds or in the Emu:
MxO lives on.

As for My part of where my characters story when:
My faction The Sirens that i created when of playing in different MMO´s togeter. So new friendships where build and the name of that faction took its own course in life and in other games. The way i wanted it to be.
And i hope that they have a great time togeter with the friendships that has been born from within MxO.

As for me personally regarding MxO and the story there from my character... Its a New Chapter, New Storyline.
I call it ´The Hidden Secrets Within The Matrix Code Discovery Part 1´

I guess you can say that i have been picked out or let by faith by ´the anomoly´ some what lol to rebuild MxO from within. And to start a new chapter in my characters mxo life. And in my own real life aswel so, i guess it follows along nicely.

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 09-11-2010

(09-11-2010, 06:13 PM)Phrack Wrote: When they said that the Matrix was ours to do with what we please, this should've been their intention all along: provide support, keep it running, but let us develop the new items and the storyline. If MxO had offered more in the way of sandbox material, I firmly believe that it would still be running with a decent number of subscribers today.

I always wanted to write missions. I always wanted to run events. I can sit here right now, open Notepad, and over the course of the next few hours, come up with hundreds of new item ideas, clothing ideas, weapon ideas, skills, combat trees, NPC ideas, and neighborhoods. If we'd ever had a way to make our ideas actually come to life in the game, it would've been epic. Sadly, we had to wait until someone started development of a emulator, before we could even realistically think about the prospect of adding more content. And even then, adding new content will come second to rebuilding the old previously-existing content.

Same here, I have ALWAYS wanted player created missions. I think that'd just be totally awesome. Players could pick up a blank mission disc, they'd write their mission, and then they can distribute it among their friends and factions. It'd really help out the Player driven RP and Events that MxO had, and hopefully MxOE will have.

I'm in the same boat you are Phrack, ever since MxO has shut down, I have a HUGE text file that has all of my MxO ideas. Anywhere from storyline, to weapons, etc. Anything and everything I thought would improve the game. The only reason I haven't brought it up until now is that now isn't the time. We need to get the EMU back up as much as possible.

(09-11-2010, 06:53 PM)Phrack Wrote: Long story short, we're it, guys and gals. We've all been forsaken by the one thing we all love, and if it has any future at all, it'll be through us... the fans. We're the ones who are going to keep buggering on, and reminding the world of something it would probably prefer to forget. What was it Morpheus said? "We are still here"?

I believe MxOE will have a future, this isn't over. This is the one time where The Oracle is wrong. Not every beginning has an ending. MxO may be in hibernation at this moment, but it will come back, and it'll come back with a roar.

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 09-11-2010

(09-11-2010, 06:02 PM)Cycles Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 05:54 PM)HD_Morpheus Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 05:44 PM)Cycles Wrote: But personally, i dont know. I think MxO is at best hands with the fans from the genre. I think MxO has a much better future purely fan based... (Like you see in the Fan based driven Earth and Beyond Emu, and there are also people working on a Auto Assault Emu with new game material)
surprised me,really.

Yes, you can find more info here regarding Auto Assault: http://biomek.org/forum/
I dont know much about it, but they gathered quit a few fans , and they are either working on new material or just like us for MxO trying to make Auto Assault the way it was. So NO people... We are not the only ones that want there loved MMO´s back. And thats a good thing. So a big F*** Y*** to the companies that left there games behind --> And lives go´s happely on for these abonded MMO´s in the continuing Emu´s driven by true Fans from the genre.

It seems like the Auto Assault EMU has actually evolved into Apokalypsos, a MMORPG that takes "inspiration" from Auto Assault.

http://www.apokalypsos.com/

RE: Matrix Discussion - Cycles - 10-11-2010

(09-11-2010, 11:52 PM)Metalogic Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 06:02 PM)Cycles Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 05:54 PM)HD_Morpheus Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 05:44 PM)Cycles Wrote: But personally, i dont know. I think MxO is at best hands with the fans from the genre. I think MxO has a much better future purely fan based... (Like you see in the Fan based driven Earth and Beyond Emu, and there are also people working on a Auto Assault Emu with new game material)
surprised me,really.

Yes, you can find more info here regarding Auto Assault: http://biomek.org/forum/
I dont know much about it, but they gathered quit a few fans , and they are either working on new material or just like us for MxO trying to make Auto Assault the way it was. So NO people... We are not the only ones that want there loved MMO´s back. And thats a good thing. So a big F*** Y*** to the companies that left there games behind --> And lives go´s happely on for these abonded MMO´s in the continuing Emu´s driven by true Fans from the genre.

It seems like the Auto Assault EMU has actually evolved into Apokalypsos, a MMORPG that takes "inspiration" from Auto Assault.

http://www.apokalypsos.com/

Ah yes true, i read something about it a year or so back, so i new in the back of my mind they where either working on bringing AA back or are creating new material, seems like they choose the last one. Sweet, thanks for posting.Cool

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 10-11-2010

Ok, next topic up for discussion, in The Matrix, Neo meets with The Oracle for the first time. He walks in and breaks her vase, this is the scene.

The Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo knocks a vase to the floor]
The Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I'm sorry.
The Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?

Then comes the iconic line,

The Oracle: What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything.

As we have seen throughout the three movies, and MxO, The Oracle isn't so much of a fortune teller as she is a guide. She has seen the cycle play out before, she knows what's suppose to happen and what her role in it is supposed to be. Armed with this knowledge, she manipulates the circumstances in the sixth cycle to achieved a different outcome.

So the next topic up for dissection is, how different would've Neo path have been if The Oracle didn't guide him, or more importantly, didn't guide him the way that she did?

I'll input my thoughts later tonight, but first I'd like to do another MxO rant.

MxO Rant, by Metalogic

This is honestly one of the things that have been lacking in MxO. Throughout the movies, we've been presented with philosophical and religious questions and thoughts. Such as "There is no spoon", or the religious parallels between The Matrix Universe and Christianity, Buddhism and even Paganism.

However in The Matrix Online, we rarely saw any of that. Hel one faction got in trouble because of a religious name. Under Chadwick and Chamberlain, the storyline became less thought provoking and more ummm....I guess you would say comic book like. It did have twist and turns, but there lies another problem, it had TOO MANY twists and turns. There's like a thousands of unanswered questions in the Matrix lore thanks to the MxO writing staff, or a lack thereof. Hel they gave us answers to questions that no one was asking such as "It's always 1999".

I sincerely hope that at least one of the EMU servers start proposing philosophical and religious questions and thoughts in the storyline again. Because that's what makes The Matrix Universe unique from your typical action/sci-fi/cypberpunk/Kung-fu movie.

I'll be back later with my thoughts on the question.

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 12-11-2010

Ok, now my thought on the question that I proposed. I think we all know what would've happened if The Oracle hasn't said anything. The Trilogy was about two people, Neo and The Oracle. In Revolution The Architect said that The Oracle played a very dangerous game, and that what she was doing. She saw the cycle play out five times before, and saw that there was a need for change. So in the sixth cycle, she decided to change things up. She gave Neo someone specific to love (Trinity) and nudge him in a different direction. What's amazing is how light of a touch The Oracle used to change the course.

RE: Matrix Discussion - QuiDormit - 12-11-2010

Whoops! I forgot you posted this!

What really bakes my noodle is this:

Would Trinity have fallen in love with Neo if the Oracle didn't tell her that she'd fall in love with the One?

RE: Matrix Discussion - HD_Morpheus - 12-11-2010

female power.

it happened before, so he could get the falling from building prediction... otherwise, the vision would mean neo being a real future oracle, which is not... or is he?

RE: Matrix Discussion - Cycles - 12-11-2010

(10-11-2010, 06:19 PM)Metalogic Wrote: Ok, next topic up for discussion, in The Matrix, Neo meets with The Oracle for the first time. He walks in and breaks her vase, this is the scene.

The Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo knocks a vase to the floor]
The Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I'm sorry.
The Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?

Then comes the iconic line,

The Oracle: What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything.

As we have seen throughout the three movies, and MxO, The Oracle isn't so much of a fortune teller as she is a guide. She has seen the cycle play out before, she knows what's suppose to happen and what her role in it is supposed to be. Armed with this knowledge, she manipulates the circumstances in the sixth cycle to achieved a different outcome.

So the next topic up for dissection is, how different would've Neo path have been if The Oracle didn't guide him, or more importantly, didn't guide him the way that she did?

I'll input my thoughts later tonight, but first I'd like to do another MxO rant.

MxO Rant, by Metalogic

This is honestly one of the things that have been lacking in MxO. Throughout the movies, we've been presented with philosophical and religious questions and thoughts. Such as "There is no spoon", or the religious parallels between The Matrix Universe and Christianity, Buddhism and even Paganism.

However in The Matrix Online, we rarely saw any of that. Hel one faction got in trouble because of a religious name. Under Chadwick and Chamberlain, the storyline became less thought provoking and more ummm....I guess you would say comic book like. It did have twist and turns, but there lies another problem, it had TOO MANY twists and turns. There's like a thousands of unanswered questions in the Matrix lore thanks to the MxO writing staff, or a lack thereof. Hel they gave us answers to questions that no one was asking such as "It's always 1999".

I sincerely hope that at least one of the EMU servers start proposing philosophical and religious questions and thoughts in the storyline again. Because that's what makes The Matrix Universe unique from your typical action/sci-fi/cypberpunk/Kung-fu movie.

I'll be back later with my thoughts on the question.

What would have happend if the oracle had not say anything or guide him?

Version 1 of the matrix.

Neo found out for himself he was the one in version 1 of the matrix and that he had the anomoly ability. And he would have freed the first humans like Morphy and a couple others to build zion. It was just because of a couple versions later and the fact that he would love Trinity that made it possible for him to find the true answer on how to solve to ungoing problem: End the War with the machines so there would be peace.

In later versions of The Matrix, The Oracle rebelled against the machines after she had find out the discovery that made it worth to rebel against her own kind ( i explained that in another topic in this forum i believe). Zion contacted the Oracle in later versions to of the matrix and that was the first signs of the ending of the war.

The only reason why The Oracle could predict things is because of 2 things:

1. She had the abilty to study humans in such a way machines could understand the humans. Thats why they could have perfected The Matrix so humans could accept there prison.
2. She has been in every version of the Matrix offcourse and thats why she could remember everything because its all put into her own data archive inside her.

(12-11-2010, 06:43 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: Whoops! I forgot you posted this!

Would Trinity have fallen in love with Neo if the Oracle didn't tell her that she'd fall in love with the One?

Hehe, its a biggy indeed. But um.. You cant stop love. It will hit you in your face if it was ment to be. Oracle just witness the first time it happend for Trinity in earlier versions. (He probably did the "Superman thing" aka Clark and Louise style, rescued her and thats why she felt in love with him in the first place lmao) And now the oracle just blond out told Trinity that she would fall in love with Neo in later versions because it was saved in her data archive lol thats why she remembered it.

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 12-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 06:43 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: Whoops! I forgot you posted this!

I think so, to quote Woody Allen, the heart wants what it wants.