The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: MxO Vista/Windows 7 Fixes (useropts.cfg Tweaks)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For those having issues in Windows Vista/Windows 7 and looking for a quick fix add these lines to your useropts.cfg.

#possible Vista lighting fix
modellighting_enable = 0
modellighting_ambadd_r = 0.33
modellighting_ambadd_g = 0.33
modellighting_ambadd_b = 0.33
PlayerFX_LightPool_Bright_Scale = 0

ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_1_R = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_1_G = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_1_B = 1

ShowAllHealthInCombat = 1
AlwaysShowHealth = 1
ShowTitleInName = 1

(Those settings in BOLD are optional)

Took a little looking to find the proper commands considering the whole "Vista Fixes" thread got deleted from the offical MxO forums, but I found them thanks to the Reviled Restoration forums. Props to RR and especially Apostle for this. Mercidos I didnt forget ya big dog, PROPS!
Why PlayerFX_LightPool_Bright_Scale = 0 and all the GreenShift settings ?
The only thing broken on vista/7 is the model attachment normals arent renormalized, which is avoided by not using smooth shading on models with the first 4 settings
the other problems (such as some specular maps messing up texture binds for every rendered poly, and shadow maps make wrong UV coords for some models making the texture repeat forever on them) cannot be fixed by useropts
I was just reposting what I had found Rajkosto. A few people using Vista/Windows 7 were having issues and I was merely trying to help those players having problems taking screenshots from within the client and were experiencing black screens. If some of the settings are incorrect, then please correct them and repost what you feel in your opinion would help those players having problems... Just trying to help.
Screenshots thing is something about antialiasing and windowed mode, if i recall correctly
i just dont want people unnecessarily turning features of the game off for no reason, if you dont have a proper explanation why you put them there
Tbh, those useropts look like they're just making it so you don't have to use that PoS Over-Bright option and gives you blue tint. I always figured just this portion would maybe help with Vista users:

(07-03-2010, 12:06 AM)Machete Wrote: [ -> ]modellighting_enable = 0
modellighting_ambadd_r = 0.33
modellighting_ambadd_g = 0.33
modellighting_ambadd_b = 0.33
PlayerFX_LightPool_Bright_Scale = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_1_R = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_1_G = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_1_B = 1
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_0_R = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_0_G = 0
ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_0_B = 1

Though dunno why there's three lines of each ScreenFilters_GreenShift_Color_0.
Fixed...
We need someone to test this. ;P
(07-03-2010, 03:29 AM)Gerik Wrote: [ -> ]We need someone to test this. ;P

I'll copy this over to the gf's computer tomorrow (it's Vista). I've gotten to be pretty slick with useropts since the last time I used her computer for MxO, so I should be able to make it passable.
Funnily enough, ive not had any problems with MxO on win7 ever since the EMU started... Maybe that's just me though. I'm not sure if I had win7 when I was playing MxO though... But I did have vista and I did have graphics problems with that.
Remember Rare did some model/fx based fixes before the end *tear for the bump mapped commando gloves*

It might've been you had issues with Vista when it was first released. The majority of the texture corruption bugs got fixed. The only ones (ironically the most annoying) I can think of that are still in there are the screenshot thing and the incorrect lighting on heads, both of which are an issue with the new windows rendering engine if I remember correctly. Though disabling model lighting as shown above will get rid of it (by turning off ALL model lighting, hardly ideal but hey).
Pages: 1 2 3