The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: new to mxo emu - some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yeah man, after three years, you've broken serious ground on this emulator, but he figures you're too stupid to know anything about legality.
Just because he knows how to get this emulator up doesn't mean he has to care about the rules - look at all the hacking done on the entire internet for basically anything. I never said anybody was stupid but i will say most people on this forum are rude.
(23-05-2012, 06:57 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]... and there's no man that can tell me what i can or can't do with my code and computers
And i'm not in a country with retardo-laws, like you might be.

You sounded like Niobe and then delivered a fantastic line.

When I win the US lottery, I'll remember you, Raj. Cheers.
By implicating that no one has thought about or discussed legality in two plus years, yeah, you are saying we're all stupid.
Also, SEARCH THE FORUMS before posting. What's rude is ignoring the purpose of a forum, and expecting you're the first person to ask a simple question in all the time the project has been around, so we have thread after thread after thread of the same crap. SEARCH. THE FORUM.
It is'nt a surprise this hasnt moved to a Alpha Stage, Seeing the rudeness and flaming from the admin himself. Just becuase someone asked a question answered a million times does'nt mean you slam them for it. And to out right say well who cares if it is'nt legal is completely unethical. And just cause you own the server, and the existing coding done so far, you cn prance around with immunity to a given situation. And by the way, being a lawyer means absolutely nothing, when it comes to a gaming enviroment and copyright laws.

Maybe if individuals in charge of this emulation project were more supportive and understanding then maybe, just maybe this would honestly get some where then a server filled with broken code that you can barely do anything with..

If you want an example of great emulation staff, project and support.. Take a page out of SWGEMU book...

Also Just because the trial software is downloadable does'nt mean it can or can not be used for a particular emulation project. When the Star Wars Galaxies Emulation project was founded it was made very clear that legal legimate full software clients were needed to play on the emulation projects servers. It is made perfectly clear there that you will need to purchase the full game not the trial in order to use thier version of the game...

It maybe legal here, I could really careless, becuase it has been around forever ad still i see no one online playing... The fact remains admins are arrogant and that spells disgust in my mind...
Yeah i'm sure this hasnt been developed more because of THE COMMUNITY (how we handle useless whiners), and not because of LACK OF FREE TIME, like was said everywhere else.
jesus, man.
you actually thought i was a lawyer, wtf (and why are lawyers useless in copyright LAW) ?
and what ass did you pull the flaming thing from ?
it's the itnernet, bruh. chillax
obviously nobody is playing because of the same reason you are... they see that there's nothing to do and say "fuck this" and go away
once there's more stuff working they will not have a reason to ask stupid questions and waste everyone's time
also, for some reason, people gave a shit about SWG, talented people... there's no such interest in MXO, except for the fool that is me
SWGEmu had a reputation for shit once upon a time.

However, Star Wars is beloved across generations, whereas the Matrix is the bastard stepchild of the 90's, early 2000's. No one even fucking played The Matrix Online after the first year or so. The game got bought out and handed off with nary any new support features, whereas SWG had more people in its decline than MxO probably EVER had. With that said, who are you?

You come in here demanding respect? Only one man can demand respect, and you're being a huge shitbag to him.

Fuck off if you don't like how things are done.

You have to earn your keep around here. Stop pretending that this is some corporation or a team of people. It's one guy who's busting his ass to work on this shit on top of real life. I'm getting really tired of repeating myself on this shit. SWGEmu has a ton of people working on it. Look at their developer list. It's fucking gross how many people care and will work for free.

This, on the other hand, is one man's hard work in his free time while he handles his real life stuff.

Seriously, you don't like it? Fuck off.

The sooner people realize that we owe you NOTHING and you owe rajko for even the motherfucking GLIMMER of hope that this project will one day become a restoration of the Matrix Online, the sooner we can stop treating you like whiny entitled assholes.

There was a portion of the MxO community that felt entitled when the game was live, I don't know why I expected different here. I guess humility is dead.
Wow. You see there would be this mat, and it would have different conclusions written on it.
(25-05-2012, 04:02 PM)Allstce25 Wrote: [ -> ]It is'nt a surprise this hasnt moved to a Alpha Stage, Seeing the rudeness and flaming from the admin himself. Just becuase someone asked a question answered a million times does'nt mean you slam them for it. And to out right say well who cares if it is'nt legal is completely unethical. And just cause you own the server, and the existing coding done so far, you cn prance around with immunity to a given situation. And by the way, being a lawyer means absolutely nothing, when it comes to a gaming enviroment and copyright laws.

Maybe if individuals in charge of this emulation project were more supportive and understanding then maybe, just maybe this would honestly get some where then a server filled with broken code that you can barely do anything with..

If you want an example of great emulation staff, project and support.. Take a page out of SWGEMU book...

Also Just because the trial software is downloadable does'nt mean it can or can not be used for a particular emulation project. When the Star Wars Galaxies Emulation project was founded it was made very clear that legal legimate full software clients were needed to play on the emulation projects servers. It is made perfectly clear there that you will need to purchase the full game not the trial in order to use thier version of the game...

It maybe legal here, I could really careless, becuase it has been around forever ad still i see no one online playing... The fact remains admins are arrogant and that spells disgust in my mind...

The disgust is with jerks like you.

However, like many before you who register a username just to be a whiny bitch, then go away...you'll go away.

Go away.
Pages: 1 2 3 4