The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: new to mxo emu - some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(25-05-2012, 04:02 PM)Allstce25 Wrote: [ -> ]It is'nt a surprise this hasnt moved to a Alpha Stage, Seeing the rudeness and flaming from the admin himself. Just becuase someone asked a question answered a million times does'nt mean you slam them for it. And to out right say well who cares if it is'nt legal is completely unethical. And just cause you own the server, and the existing coding done so far, you cn prance around with immunity to a given situation. And by the way, being a lawyer means absolutely nothing, when it comes to a gaming enviroment and copyright laws.

Maybe if individuals in charge of this emulation project were more supportive and understanding then maybe, just maybe this would honestly get some where then a server filled with broken code that you can barely do anything with..

If you want an example of great emulation staff, project and support.. Take a page out of SWGEMU book...

Also Just because the trial software is downloadable does'nt mean it can or can not be used for a particular emulation project. When the Star Wars Galaxies Emulation project was founded it was made very clear that legal legimate full software clients were needed to play on the emulation projects servers. It is made perfectly clear there that you will need to purchase the full game not the trial in order to use thier version of the game...

It maybe legal here, I could really careless, becuase it has been around forever ad still i see no one online playing... The fact remains admins are arrogant and that spells disgust in my mind...

Im glad there is a real human being here.
This is exactly why i think that admin couldnt get along with the other people working on this and they split up - basically because of assholeness - but i dont know that but its what i would guess.
Also, i dont know why you guys stick up for this admin so much and lick his balls - he is one man and he is fucking lazy as far as i can see. 3 years and you can walk around and do an emote.
Its also funny how you bash SWG emu because they have real dedicated people working on it like your jealous or something... because isnt that what you want in the end? A real working emulator? I guess you settle for the shitbag because those SWG guys have real lives too.
The whole point i posted on here instead of just DLing this and trying it out was to see what this little mxo community was like and its basically not worth sticking around another 3 years. Hell at this rate maybe by then he will add in a "punch" or "kick" feature.
Seriously if you want to be in charge or something and do something for the community - dont be an asshole and steer people away.
All this forum looks like is someone asks a question - then rajkosto says an asshole sarcastic remark, then QuiDormit backs it up. How nice.
Yeah im sure i drove them all away with my "assholeness"
Not because nobody god damn cares to do anything, or they "don't know how", or are busy with their lives (making money > dumb old game)
And yes, obviously i am jealous of the dedicated people who give a damn about SWG, because if i had some people like that, I wouldn't be the only one here.
And it might seem "lazy" to you that in 3 years (actually 1.5, because you're playing on an old version, and even less, because i wasn't activelly engaged for long periods of time) there isn't much working
But what have you done in that timeframe ? We have jobs, school, lives, etc. that take priority over a hobby. Also it's just me, one guy doing it (on this project).
I'd love to do this as a full time job, as i'm really practiced in it by spending all those nights looking at a text screen, trying to figure it out, but alas, it isn't so.
Why aren't there other projects that have done MORE in that time ? Because it's hard, thankless work that doesn't give you much to show for it.
How many man hours did it take monolith to create all the networking stuff in the original code ? I bet it was more than 3 man-years in total, and they didn't have to conform to a specification that they don't have, they made their own rules.
Maybe you should educate yourself on the length and time spent on software engineering projects, it's not just "poof" and the thing is done.
Do we owe you anything, hardline (could you have picked a more generic, uninspired name, that's like calling yourself PHONE on some other forum) ? How much have you paid us ? How much have you invested in this ? Oh, that's right. NOTHING.
(28-05-2012, 04:40 AM)hardline Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i dont know why you guys stick up for this admin so much and lick his balls - he is one man and he is fucking lazy as far as i can see. 3 years and you can walk around and do an emote.

First to rajkos post:
/sign - he said it alright what every dev is thinking.

So hardline up to you:
There are still many other things that could be done.
Opening Doors for example seems to you - as a noob - a "simple" thing.
Rajko did a hard research on it was you need for EVERY Object (also doors) the type and the absolute Coords to the .metr world (MxO client just stores them relative to an Boundary Area).

And there many of these time intensive things that needs to be figured out before.

But hey hardline - when you think you would be faster - show me.
I bet you would take 10+ Years Smile
Hardline loves to use hard talk rooted in unadulterated ignorance. The less he knows what he's talking about, the more insistent he gets. If all that works now is such a piece of cake, you do it. You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. You have no idea what is going on here. You have no idea what exactly it took to 'walk around and do emotes.' Plus, the dude has a life, university, and still puts RIDICULOUS hours into work on the emulator. If calling you the ignorant bastard you are translates in your mind to licking rajko's balls, that's fine. Kindly disappear, it's good for nothing dude's like you that the community could really do without. Take a crack at reverse engineering the client to discover how just one thing works, and start coding something that does correctly. See how many all night sessions it takes you to make an inch of headway. You don't know what goes into this stuff, because you STILL don't read anything. You just talk shit, and you have no idea what you're talking about. But at least it's entertaining watching you make yourself look like a bigger and bigger douche bag with every post you make.

Building a car from scratch? Cars are so simple! You just turn the key, put it in gear, push the gas pedal and it goes? Why is it taking so long? That guy's lazy.

Anyway, most people who register on this forum never ask a question. They don't need to. They have a question, SEARCH THE FORUM, and find that it's been discussed already. Presto! They find the answer, and a brand new user doesn't create yet ANOTHER completely useless and redundant thread. Just like in the real world! This is how forums work, dude. All of them. Otherwise, once a question is answered and a thread is closed, IT WOULD BE DELETED, waiting for the next guy to register, and post a question right away. Am I making sense to you? Do you get thoe whole reason for using forums? if not, hope you do now. It'll help in the future. Again, you'll notice a difference in commercial game projects, because it's like wal mart. Pandering to each dumbass just to make them a more likely paying customer. The answers are all there. Look around, learn, and enjoy what we have so far. Don't enjoy a barely functional emulator? Then quit wasting everyone's time and take off. This isn't a place for gamers yet. There's no game yet, so there's no need to idiot proof everything. It's a TEST SERVER. Why is it available to the public? Because lots of MxO fans miss the game so much they appreciate the hell out of just being able to see the city again. Rajko never gives up on anything, so a functional MxO is inevitable. It's only a matter of time. But being the only guy capable of the level of engineering that's needed to make things happen here, all he's got is what little spare time (if any) to work on it. I really don't understand how none of this makes any sense to you. You're always welcome in the community, just get your damn head on straight. Nobody here holds grudges, so you are free to admit to yourself that 'yes, I had no idea what I was talking about but was talking anyway. I'm starting to get it now.' Absolutely no 'sorry' necessary, skip it. Just chill out and get your head on straight.
This state of "apparent" nothingness has a name and an example:
http://rampantgames.com/blog/2004/10/bla...angle.html
The "black triangle" here is to spawn an object on the server and have it automatically get distributed to all clients that observe it, for it to enter and exit relevant sets properly, for contexts to be created and destroyed properly.
Has NO gameplay value IMMEDIATELY, but makes me able to make a game on top of it, vs just spamming packets around
Oh man, you got me good. Your words cut me to the core. I'm so very upset and now I feel terrible about myself. You sure got me good.

You're right though. It's crazy for me to defend Rajko. I mean, how dare I respect him for the hard work and effort he's put in to this project in his free time while managing real life. He's just so damn lazy! You're also right about my SWG comments. I mean, FIFTY PEOPLE with real lives working on a project must be so very much harder than just one guy working on a project alone. Reverse engineering is so easy, too! This should have been done in 2005, obviously. I'm so glad you have such a solid knowledge of everything here, because that really helps me to understand where we are and why things aren't done yet.

You're such a smart guy, and you make such relevant and insightful comments. I can only hope that one day soon, I am half of the amazing person that you are.
(28-05-2012, 05:33 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man, you got me good. Your words cut me to the core. I'm so very upset and now I feel terrible about myself. You sure got me good.

You're right though. It's crazy for me to defend Rajko. I mean, how dare I respect him for the hard work and effort he's put in to this project in his free time while managing real life. He's just so damn lazy! You're also right about my SWG comments. I mean, FIFTY PEOPLE with real lives working on a project must be so very much harder than just one guy working on a project alone. Reverse engineering is so easy, too! This should have been done in 2005, obviously. I'm so glad you have such a solid knowledge of everything here, because that really helps me to understand where we are and why things aren't done yet.

You're such a smart guy, and you make such relevant and insightful comments. I can only hope that one day soon, I am half of the amazing person that you are.

Damn Quid, shoulda just said that in the first place....could have avoided this whole argument. And since when is this not illegal.....thats it, Im out.
NO CONVICTS ALLOWED
(25-05-2012, 07:28 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. You see there would be this mat, and it would have different conclusions written on it.

+1 for Office Space reference
What is this Ocean Marketing?
Pages: 1 2 3 4