The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Getting the Matrix games re-released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I contacted David Perry the lead designer on the "Enter the Matrix" and "Path of Neo" video games. He said that it would take an agreement between Atari and Warner Bros. to get those games re-released. Currently the games are unavailable to purchase through digital distribution retailers like PSN, XBLA, and Steam. I'd imagine there would need to be some large demonstration of consumer demand just for them to port the game to current gen consoles and PCs.

Currently there is a change.org petition to get an HD remaster of "Path of Neo." I for one would like to see a whole new Matrix game, which uses elements from each of the three games. A game where you play as Neo, as well as other characters in the Matrix franchise, in an expansive fully rendered explorable open world environment. The Matrix Online was the first game published by WB Games who would go on to make the Batman Arkham games. They have stated that they have no interest in continuing with the franchise after Arkham Knight. The Matrix is an established property which would fit perfectly inside the framework established by the Arkham games. This would be a good way for WB Games to continue to build upon what the've done with the Batman games while profiting off of an existing property.
I think it would take another very successful movie to get any sort of interest in the Matrix IP again. It seems to be the case with most old IP's that are redone, the movie is followed by books, comics, games even lego sets.
(12-05-2015, 12:00 AM)Zenom199 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would take another very successful movie to get any sort of interest in the Matrix IP again. It seems to be the case with most old IP's that are redone, the movie is followed by books, comics, games even lego sets.

Isn't it rumored that there's another matrix title in the works?
I remember hearing that somewhere after a few commercials with matrix characters in them aired. gosh I hope so!
Atari is just a small office in france with lawyers working there, no chance of them ever doing anything more than IP trolling.
(12-05-2015, 11:45 AM)Baeddel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2015, 12:00 AM)Zenom199 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would take another very successful movie to get any sort of interest in the Matrix IP again. It seems to be the case with most old IP's that are redone, the movie is followed by books, comics, games even lego sets.

I remember hearing that somewhere after a few commercials with matrix characters in them aired. gosh I hope so!

Never say never I suppose, but.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carrie-anne-...y-netflix/
(13-05-2015, 12:13 AM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2015, 11:45 AM)Baeddel Wrote: [ -> ]

Never say never I suppose, but.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carrie-anne-...y-netflix/

I was half-expecting that article to be about a different Matrix that Carrie-Anne Moss was in.
That canadian Matrix show is such a weird coincidence.

Also the rumors for three new Matrix movies came from one single source, some latino entertainment magazine, and it cites zero sources:

http://www.latino-review.com/news/2014/0...gy-horizon
(13-05-2015, 01:07 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]That canadian Matrix show is such a weird coincidence.

Also the rumors for three new Matrix movies came from one single source, some latino entertainment magazine, and it cites zero sources:

http://www.latino-review.com/news/2014/0...gy-horizon

well that's sad. I remember hearing it from a friend and it got me excited.
:c
A girl can dream though.
It'll happen eventually. Hollywood is predictable like that.
Hollywood isn't predictable, people are predictable. The focus groups with the highest ratings are always the dumbest pieces of shit Michael Bay movies. And they make tons of money. Unless The Matrix becomes 'MY FAMILY! and 'GIMME BACK MY SON' or 'Nightmare on Elmstreet part 75,' Yeah. No.
Pages: 1 2