The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Stuck on the "loading character"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey fine peeps!

Anyone can help? i never had any problem with this program/server but since yesterday i can't open the game at all--i login successfully, then on the screen with the many screens in the ship the blue band shows loading data completely --in the end its written "loading character" and then it stays like this for hours...

tried the second server too, created character but it wouldn't load either.

what advise? to reinstall the whole thing? If yes, which files to backup to keep my character stuff?

Thanks!!
server is up
Just tried, still the same problem. Anyone can advise questions above?--reinstall? if yes which folder keeps the character profile?
Thanks!
I don't understand exactly what you mean.

Are you trying to use the in-game character creation? If so, it doesn't work.
(06-09-2011, 05:56 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand exactly what you mean.

Are you trying to use the in-game character creation? If so, it doesn't work.

First i tried to login as normally but never went beyond the "loading character" (you'll see this when you login each time--the blue line and the photo of the ship cockpit with the screens)

Then when i saw this doesn't work i tried the second server (u know how when you login there are two servers in the list--same name servers). On the second server i don't have a character so i create it but still i can't login -it freezes after i make Þ character.

Have been login-in countless of times without any such problem...

What programs do you have running? uTorrent has been known to cause issues. I can reproduce it on my local machine by running utorrent + local server + mxo connected to local server - gets to loading character and freezes. Just thought I would mention it.

Edit: Yup, reproduced it again - uTorrent is the cause for me. Try closing some running programs that use the network and try again.
He's trying to run the local version.

Rossen, you probably should ignore the local version. There's no point to using it anymore.

go to http://mxoemu.info and follow the directions and download the launcher.
Static & Quidormit thanks for re: again!

No i was using the latest version for at least a month and it ran very smoothly up until a few days ago. i used the local version very long time ago. it was to remember the cool music and re-discover all the hidden hints that show how The MatriX is an alegory of Castaneda's Don Juan's teachings, etc..

It was all perfect, even seeing others and chatting (remember coming across u Static & chatting with Rajko at one point --NuSeers handle).

The latest days i was very happy to start exploring the playfx. i start to suspect that what caused this shit is my going often back and forth to desktop to copy playfx codes--probably it fucked up the character profile in some way.

Static, i have Bitorrent but it's not running -thanks for checking & experimenting this though!

i'll try to instal again over the installation i have all anew to see what happens...
PS
just reinstalled everything and it is working

the problem was coming from the file "Profile"
i saved the old one and the moment i replaced the newly installed "profile" with the old one the problem came back.
i took away the old and put back the new "profile" and the game launches again. my clothes are the same (saved on server?)
only my macros are gone from the bar --gotto make new ones...
Don't touch the profiles. There's absolutely no point in changing them or you'll lose all your macros.
the profiles have nothing to do with clothes or anything server specific
they only record your hotbar layout, ui layout if you pinned any windows, blips on the map, and saved ability layouts
Pages: 1 2