The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: new to mxo emu - some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First of all - i missed out on MxO when it was out, i wasnt into subbing MMO's yet and then it was gone and never got the chance... I have always wished i could have got a taste of MxO and with this it seems i can! I do however, have a big important question... is this legal? I mean, even though its shut down - SOE owns this game so can it be rebooted by just anybody? I hope we can all enjoy some version of this game even though i know it wont be exactly like the original.
Also, what is the difference with the EMU here and the Hardline Dreams project? 2 Different emulators or what? Thanks guysCool
hello and welcome to repeated questions 101 !
(22-05-2012, 05:28 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]hello and welcome to repeated questions 101 !

Has anyone asked for Rarebits help?

Is there a FAQ?
(22-05-2012, 05:28 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]hello and welcome to repeated questions 101 !
Would anybody posting a link or simply answering this be that hard? I read the Q&A an searched the forum, i do not see any confirming answer that this is legal.. only that it "may" be in the clear on a different thread. Come on admin, you should be grateful people are interested in the project and even if it was a "stupid" post in your eyes - why cant you be reasonably nice about it and not sarcastic.
it's legal trust me i'm a lawyer.
what do you care even if it's not ?
(23-05-2012, 06:26 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]it's legal trust me i'm a lawyer.

Because you are making it sound like its not and who wants to be apart of something that isnt legit in the end.
So could you explain how exactly it is legal? Im not trying to challenge the project from being made, believe me i want this to take off - i just want to make sure everyone can enjoy it and not worry about all this work ending up being shut down and a lawsuit.
It won't be shut down.
There can be no lawsuits.
This was discussed before, and none of you are lawyers.
This is legal.
My aunt is a lawyer.

This is legit.
If you have any doubts about the client, you can still get the damn thing for free from http://www.fileplanet.com/162966/160000/...line-Trial
So anyone can get it anyway
The server is all mine, and there's no man that can tell me what i can or can't do with my code and computers
And i'm not in a country with retardo-laws, like you might be.
(23-05-2012, 06:28 AM)hardline Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-05-2012, 06:26 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]it's legal trust me i'm a lawyer.

Because you are making it sound like its not and who wants to be apart of something that isnt legit in the end.
So could you explain how exactly it is legal? Im not trying to challenge the project from being made, believe me i want this to take off - i just want to make sure everyone can enjoy it and not worry about all this work ending up being shut down and a lawsuit.

Dude, hes just looking out for everyone.

Because everyone needs looking out for.

Because we are all idiots and cant decide for ourselves whether we want to risk everything for the thrill of MxO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4