The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Yeah so... I'm retired. Wanna have some fun now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
TLDR; CYA! Rolleyes
Quote:Now here is the part where you assume I am here to bash your project.
Tis a misconception.

Then proceeds to bash the project with '5 years ya aint done shit' without actually looking what's in progress.
Enjoy your retirement !
It is not really cool coming in to someone else's project page and dis their project. Arrogance seems to be rampant among emu developers. Not the first time someone called other developers arrogant, not the first time people are bashing projects and developers left and right. It is kind of silly, but whatever, it is what it is.

I checked the youtube link, it looks rather interesting. But driving a car around "matrix" has been done before via GTA mode, so it is not that spectacular.

I would be interested to know for that project:

* What capabilities does the engine have?
* How many players can it support?
* Can it run on distributed servers and scale horizontally?
* Are there technical specifications and limitations of the engine?
* Can someone download a copy and play around with it?
* Documentat/Tutorial/Support available?

* How much of MXO functionality is present in the project
* Can the character models render?
* Do maps render?
* Is there a tool to import/export content?
* Are skills/inventory/loading are implemented?

I am actually curious, but beyond that see no reason why that project should be treated any different than this one, both seem to be implementing MXO in different engines.
It appears he took down his older youtube channel, anyway the engine is old Quest3D and it's a toy chat thing that he doesn't even have a licence to: http://quest3d.com/
And his goal isnt MxO, it's some weird "VR" internet browser with a red car.
EDIT: i found an old copy of it on my hard drive: https://images.sshnuke.net/VRI.exe
I did a quick search for Quest3d and any MMO built on top of it, saw the following quote :

Quest3D is all but dead. Go to the Quest forums and have a look, they've been begging for an update and bug fixes for over a year. The dev team has focused all its resources into "Lumion", an architectural visualization tool, and a huge number of former Quest users are all using Unity now.

From what I keep reading, Quest3d is more geared towards building simulators and not games, definitely not MMOs.

I need to check out some demos to see what the fuss is all about.
There's nothing really to it, i guess its something Bizwald just found he can use (particularly the virtual club sample) and then stuck with it for some time.
It doesn't seem like something you could actually ship a game with, tbh.

Bizwald

I give what I get. I did it in last post after you kept being dicks. So you can see what it's like when someone acts as stupid as you are currently.

I got mad respect you guys tried and the few things you did get to work. and your intregration into the website and Database system. Your skill for allowing them to change clothing. But I don't got mad respect for you as people and your attitudes to others, including myself.

I came here because you people have proved with out a shadow of a doubt your dedication to MXO. Your drive to see it live again. And the unique skill sets you have shown in taking on this impossible show.

I am not saying you failed. I am not saying you succeeded. I am saying.... you tried and kept trying and for that it does not matter the out come. It matters the dedication to your project and the users of MXO and the community. Even if I am not included, even though I was MXO Beta. I always wondered why people not noticed that I could say or do anything in MXO and I never got banned once... not even a warning. While after beaking off to me we would watch you as you went to the white room to talk to someone about your attitude. Only after SOE's accusation of MXO and I said in area chat 2 years before they did it they had plans to shut down MXO. And I was immediately banned. And other stuff in my personal life got complicated. It's the way life goes..... and still... am some dumb moron?

I am not even gonna say it.... but here I am offering you to build a new MXO using the old content and upgrades and do something that is possible.... and all you tools can do is insult me, try to bash my skills.... which you don't even have half of.
You know how long I was paying off student loans? LMAO! I am not bragging... if you only knew how much money I handed over for crap I could have learned on my own.... errrrr......

So be as rude as you like or whatever floats your boat. I can respect your project.... but not respect you as people.... not hard when you as people are assholes. And love to call kettle black. lol.

Your arguments for not doing even considering this idea are as lame as your reasons for trying to bring MXO back to life and letting it take 5 years ... letting MXO become that of a mere memory while your busy with other things....

I have no idea what your doing.. you could have a half built UT MXO back there for all I know.... but I was just acting like you and assuming.... so I could cut you down and feel better about myself...lol.... which I didn't I feel like a douche for acting like you guys....

MXO doing what your doing is just as illegal as rebuilding it with new content etc...
My doing stuff with textures sounds etc is no different then you taking the dead game and playing night of the living dead with it....

I understand it was a mistake to come here and think you were serious about MXO or rebuilding it.

I am good at 3 things in life.
Fixing anything tech
Making 3d Technology
Giving what I get from others.

I am autistic I can't help but reflect people's own mentality back at them. It's how I am able to talk to anyone despite their walk of life. And when you did what I did for as long as I did it..... you learn a few things..... I can help who's mentality I share in by not attempting to think they are worth the effort of communication.
You can ask me to do anything. I will get it done. Provided you can provide a valid reason. And convince me there is a purpose for it.

And I'm only as good as those around me help me to be or ask me to be.
I don't think you have the capacity to use a mind like mine and contribute to that for anything cool and as complex as rebuilding the Matrix.
Your coder buffs.
Not hard core nerds.

The difference between us, I don't need your help. My great comfortable well funded life is a testament to this. My projects got me to where I wanted. You could use mine to rebuild MXO.... and the fact I'm willing to work for free... full time... and your not liking me cause I said something that hurt your feelings 5 years ago.... is a bit childish.... if it means anything ... none of you have ever once offended me with a single thing you have said. I assure you growing up I heard worse...lol... by more skillful people then you lot...lol....

But surly that can't be the case with the whole MXO community?

Maybe just to be a dick I'll work on a MXO rebuild in my free time. I mean I got the extra hardware, time, resources... meh... lets see where we are in 2 years for now. (Keep in mind it will be a part time free hobby)

All I gotta do is get all the files out and start to build it... already got a blank engine with newton physics...

Now I actually won't be back this time... I was hoping your love of MXO would over power your ego..... and get MXO rebuilt and better then ever.... why try to fix this broken mess. When we could build it better? It makes 0 sense. It's why I turned you guys down. And in C++ anything I can do you could do better. I am not a c++ and python guy. Sniffing packets? Yeah not my deal.... autisim has it's minor disadvantages one of them being mild dyslexia.

But to quote a fellow Q3D user: "That's why we have Oriented Object programming in Quest3d Cheesy

Just to illustrate, Quest3d is mostly a DX wrapper + some tools. It uses channels (nodes) which are C++ precompiled blocks of code. Now call them in order and you got your program; in fact, you could even do a full program in a single channel (as long as doing it all inside C++)." -JRamon

With this... I can do this 10X the speed at which you can. It's how my mind works. It's why people exploited me and I was happy to oblige and I made the big bucks...lol.....

Now maybe I'll go have some.... pie .... lol..... I got a lot of mindless and tedious importing exporting of crap if I am gonna port parts of MXO into my project....lol.....

Good luck....

May the odds forever be in your favor.....
So now you go and additionally diss my skills, because I won't instantly convert to a crappy engine you really like for some reason ?

Bizwald

Yeah.... it does not feel very nice hu?

So what you can insult me but I can't insult you?

I don't get it?

I have no idea what your skills are.... lol.... All I know is your better at C++ then me...lol.... I think those who don't know C++ are better then me at it..lmao..
I am good at everything but C++. But I can pay to have people write my compiled channels for Quest. And I do when I need them.... so I don't need to know advanced C++.... why re-invent the wheel you know?
You're still not selling me on the whole 'convert to Quest3D because I really like it' thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6