The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Yeah so... I'm retired. Wanna have some fun now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bizwald

Yes I did.
Other people's source code. Not very unique. Anyone can use UT it's why it's got a massive following.

Quest is open source.... they got SDK packs for all your needs...

Anyways.... glad this conversation at least got this far.

Your mind is set. I get that. But realistically you have to take life and what it throws at you into consideration. Have you made a full games with UT? And published them? Good luck with that.....

I got unlimited funds, access to hardware, and all the time in the world. (I still wouldn't want to... even having done it before along with a zillion mods.)
And a 3 man team 1 on salary.
And can dedicate full time hours to this.

Do you have this? No.. but you want to make a full on UT driven version of MXO?

Sometimes to make things happen you have to make sacrifices and just take that first jump.

I have used UT so much and played it so much.... I'm sick of it and it's glitches and how easy it is to make hacks and trainers for it. And how good games get ruined due to these issues. Even if you could get this done in some real time frame that your not an old man.... I promise within 5 weeks of you getting online your gonna fight a war with hackers and all the script kiddies using their hacks.... all because you choose the most widely used engine out there that everyone and their mom has the source code to.
I don't mean to insult your logic... I am trying to stop you from suffering the fate of so many others....

There are no hacks for my engine, there is no way to hack my engine... maybe some script hooks... but that can be blocked completly... just the way a program is built with Quest3D you can't make heads from tails to hack it.

UT = Hacker overrun despite your best efforts... better and higher paid people then you have tried and failed. And their careers have suffered for it. Just like your project will. A good example: TFWFC etc... and UT it's self in general.
Is there an actual demo of this Quest3D MXO where people can login and walk around?
Security through obscurity is never a good approach (weird, i was able to reverse engineer almost the entirety of MxO even though it's engine was only used for one game!).
Checking things and handling them properly on the server (one of the first rules of network gameplay is never trust the client) is required no matter what engine you use.
Logging into remote MySQL databases directly from the client (with the access credentials right there in the binaries) is not (see Super Meat Boy leaderboards, the new Final Fantasy 14 MMO, etc).

And no, Quest3D is not open source. Every engine supplies you with a SDK to extend them (and sometimes write game code in), but that's not what full source code means. Full source code means that you control and can change EVERY aspect of the program's behaviour. You cannot do that since you still have to use their precompiled QuestViewer.exe and associated binaries. And they want you to pay 3000 to 9999 eur for a single licence in order to ship your game. I just don't have that kind of money NOR do i see why i should give it to the Quest3D people, when they are focused on business presentations and medical simulations and such, not games. Plus their renderer architecture is pretty old and the capabilities in other areas (animations, sound, network, scalability) arent impressive, plus they have NO TOOLING.

As i said, i've been developing custom engine before UE4 availability was announced, and after that I've been integrating the specifics into UE4 because, as you said, why reinvent the wheel when someone else has written already excellent tooling and runtime engine ? And it costs me nothing to release a game using UE4, since it will be free.
(Why do you keep calling UE4 UT ? The original UT99 was UE1. And the new UT reboot that's being developed on UE4 isn't out yet but looks fantastic so far. UT2004 was a blast to play, also, that was UE2. )

Bizwald

If I were to make this a single player MXO... not online. I would use UT with out thinking twice.
But online.... yeah.... experience and watching people's careers get flushed has discouraged me from using it for online games such as a MXO build.
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Networking/Replication
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7pGHb61Sc

It supports pretty much what Monolith MxO does anyway (I said so before) ? And if it proves unsuitable, I can always just change the networking layer, because, as I said it, full source code access.

Bizwald

Most of what I use threw Q3D is not the channels that came with them. I have paid devs over the years to rewrite me useful channels for my projects...Quest is an editor where you can create anything you want in a single channel using C and work with it in real time. With out writing a single line of code at 10 times the speed.

Yeah MXO used tech that has been used by many before them to tuck their game in... and used modern packaging formats lol.... was a fail from the start.

I know you got some skills.

I give you permission to download my client when it's back online and hack it.... in fact....I'll pay if you can hack it the more damage you do... I'll pay more. I already pay someone to do this every so often... I'll try you once.

If you can't..... all I ask is you look into Quest.
I've looked into it, and the price + features is not swaying me. It just wasn't targeted for the type of work i need to do.
I will check out your client when you release something, however i was not exactly impressed with your past works (the videos you took down + VRI.exe when you first released it, + your vr.inter.net web page design)

Bizwald

Yeah... I'm not gonna fight another losing hacker war in my life time.... I'm good.
My skills are limited and for UT... you couldn't pay me to work with it again.... bad memories, bad times, bad engine... I watched good friends careers get crushed using that garbage for online stuff.

Just like I watch WB crush other good friends because they didn't listen to the people they paid to develop the game.

MXO means alot more to me then I can legally let you know.

If I am to rebuild it... it must be unique.... and something both experience and drive and love of the matrix built.

I don't work with others I don't like to share the spoils. I make stuff you buy it. End of story. It's why I got into R&D.

For MXO I will make a one time exception.

If I could trust you to not be a douchwad you would have had full access to everything I do regrading my engine source and materials to help in building a new MXO.

After having analyzed our conversation.

I have come to the following conclusion.

-If I want a New MXO before I am 50 I am going to have to make it myself.
-It's gonna take me forever to get all the resources out and get them into 3d studio and photoshop upgraded and touched up (HD) and exported for our engine.
-I can not trust you because you are by nature spiteful and arrogant. And it would be a risk to invest my money time into a project with someone I had to belittle into a corner just to have this conversation with.

Despite wide spread opinions I hate being a dick. And I hate I had to come at this form in this manner to present what I bring to the table.
Doing this project with me... I have a pay role. It's why I run a business. Nobody should work for free.

Tell you what in 6 months I will come back. See where your at. And you can see where I am at. I won't open a public domain or do my project relating my project to MXO. The other guys contract ends in 6 months. To which I renew his services or find a new C++ guy.

Make sure your that guy in 6 months and you can get paid to do this. And maybe dedicate some real time for it give it the attention it deserves.

Why did I not just come out and say this at the start?

You don't truly know a man till you fight him.

What I see I don't like. People can change.
I do pay well... only if your as good as you say you are ad I'll will come back in 6 months and see just how good that is.

Who am I?

Just some dumb moron.... I know nothing about MXO.... honestly... Wink
Quote:-It's gonna take me forever to get all the resources out and get them into 3d studio and photoshop upgraded and touched up (HD) and exported for our engine.
Not a problem for me, I wonder why.

See ya.

Bizwald

Because I'm lazy and hate doing repetitive crap so I procrastinate and multitask and get distracted easily....lol..... I already have most of it in folders.... have since I started.... And I have the full beta client Wink it has alot of stuff.... and resources the client your using no longer has. Touching up every model and smothing them out to look less blocky and editing every texture and going HD. That is what will take me awhile. I can see by your comments you have never actually made or remade a full online game.... and it shows by your naive attitude to building a project like this.

You need to tuck your over inflated ego back in a bit. You have reason for it.... but not while talking to me... you can do what you do yes.. but due to my success in life... I can pay anyone to do what you do because their are a million like you. What interests me in you, was your love for MXO and your dedication to pulling off the impossible. Those are rare qualities..lol.... in any C++ guy.

Best of luck.

If I forget in 6 months just send me a hatemail letting me know how shitty my project is and I will be sure to come back and see what you got going on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6