The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Yeah so... I'm retired. Wanna have some fun now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bizwald

It's only crappy because you lack any info or understanding of it. Even it's own developers didn't. I only figured it out because my mind works in a different way. Perhaps if I knew C++ and wasn't dyslexic I would have the same abilities with manually writing C++. But I won't ever find out. Writing in C means I'd be forever debugging and hunting down dyslectic mistakes, very time consuming. In the time it takes you to write 20 lines of code... I can make you a calculator that talks to you using Quest3D. With zero mistakes. And in real time... no compiling needed to see the end results. Compiles quickly and easily for final end result.

Where you lack knowledge in something like Quest3D....don't fill it with ignorance. It makes you look a bit.... narrow minded.
Ok so it works for you, but not for anybody else in the world.
Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish with it, then.

Bizwald

(01-08-2014, 04:46 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]You're still not selling me on the whole 'convert to Quest3D because I really like it' thing.

I never asked you to covert. lol... I asked you to check into it before you limit users to 16 people a server with UT.

I'm a Quest3D guru you can ask me how to do anything.... and I can tell you.

I said if your interested PM me... not insult the shit out of me...lol.... I'm unsure how you got that out of PM me.

I imported the whole Island of Manhattan buildings and all. details and all. Into Quest.... Frame rate dropped to 60 from 100. While runing multiplayer on a Quad core with a shitty 512 vid card....lol....

I did it with UT.... lol.. crash.... reduced the buildings... crash... all but the roads and ground terrain... barley run at 10 fps...

You have no idea what the Engine I made using Quest3d can do.... because you think you know everything.
Maybe also check out the capabilities of the other engine before you insult it also: https://www.unrealengine.com/
There is absolutely no 16 player limit per server, and the networking architecture is similar to MxO (because Tribes pretty much started that whole train anyway)
I've explained all this in the other thread where I asked if I should start porting MxO.
Because it's source is available, thousands of improvements are being made to it all the time by lots of people, as well as Epic trying to be competitive with Unity.
Source code being available is a requirement to making a MxO remake, because there are some specific MxO engine features not available in any other engine.

Bizwald

(01-08-2014, 04:57 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe also check out the capabilities of the other engine before you insult it also: https://www.unrealengine.com/
Because it's source is available, thousands of improvements are being made to it all the time by lots of people, as well as Epic trying to be competitive with Unity.
Source code being available is a requirement to making a MxO remake, because there are some specific MxO engine features not available in any other engine.

I have worked with it and it's predecessors over the years. I was going to use it myself for my project... till I stumbled upon Quests ability to use Direct X at the core level... no middle men... faster everything. UT is great i won't deny it... but.... and best of all it's discontinued software. Smile And the developers had no idea what they made. Took me 4 years of playing with it before I understood the power of direct access rather then using someone's wrapper....
Quest3D is 'discontinued software', UE4 is very much active (it only came out in March this year).
And if i was to use DirectX at the core level, I'd be writing my own engine (which I was, before March when UE4 was just too good to not use, especially their Editor and tooling, which would take many moons to write myself)

Bizwald

You can make any feature quickly and incorporate it into your project in real time with Quest.
Despite thinking I'm an idgit.... check it out for yourself... if you can't find a copy let me know.. I might know some links.
Quest3D is only limited by the mind using it. For me it's limited by my inability to write C++. But I have the funds to make up for it... but a wife I have to get permission from first lol.....
I've been doing the same with UE4, a non-discontinued engine with full developer support and source code access.
It's only limited by the mind using it, and I can write C++ excellently (for quick prototyping there are blueprints, check it out).
I see absolutely no reason to be using Quest3D in this day and age (mostly its just Unity nowadays, as its the quickest to get indies up and running)

Bizwald

(01-08-2014, 05:04 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Quest3D is 'discontinued software', UE4 is very much active (it only came out in March this year).
And if i was to use DirectX at the core level, I'd be writing my own engine (which I was, before March when UE4 was just too good to not use, especially their Editor and tooling, which would take many moons to write myself)

Yes and at the mercy other people's mistakes. And will only ever have the same capabilities as any other game made with UT.... instead of making it yourself and making it carve it's own path.

Why be like eveyone else?

You know there used to be a time when we actually had to make games our selves from scratch and didn't have "engines".

It was the only time games were truly unique from each other.

All I seen for the last 10 years is the same 5 games and types of gaming being remade over and over with different names and different sprites etc etc...

I was not willing to stay in the industry when they got stuck in that stupidity then.... and I won't be part of a project who gets sucked into that stupidity now.

I carve my own way. This is why I don't need help. Or ask for it. I carve my way alone... and the prosperity that it's brought to my life is something I refuse to ignore.

So my projects and the things I help with..... need to reflect that.

Tis why I stopped making stuff and went into fixing stuff and just pure tech R&D for other companies, till I retired..lol...

Unity is a joke.... good for mobile. Sucks for PC.
Did you not see the 'full source code access' I've mentioned like 5 times by now ? Anything that can be done in Quest can be done in UE4, and even more, since Quest's runtime is binary-only, you cannot change it (so you cannot run Quest games on a phone or on HTML5, for example), you can only extend it with what they allow you with their SDKs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6